Our Rigorous Testing Process
If you are like us, you’ve grown sick and tired of hearing bogus, over-inflated claims from companies hocking the latest so called “miracle” solutions or fly-by-night “medical experts” who claim this substance or that technique can work miracles overnight.
Having been burned ourselves many times in the past, we decided to share our in-depth research into the both the natural health therapies and program that we’ve reviewed and whether they’ve passed our extensive battery of tests.
Most products and therapies we review we do NOT recommend, but there are a few diamonds in the rough we’ve found that we’ve shared with you. Here’s an example of the in-depth process we undertake to test every product (see the next section below for the research we do on natural health therapies).
Our Testing Process for Natural Health Products
- Customer Reviews – We scour the top independent product review boards to pinpoint what actual users have said about the product and report back the good, bad and ugly.
- Effectiveness – Most products have aggressive claims about their effectiveness but the actual results frequently fall short, so we incorporate multiple factors to assess a product’s effectiveness.
- Safety – Not all products are safe to use for all people, so we review everything and assess a safety rating, pointing out any issues or dangers that users should be aware of.
- Scientific Foundation – Simply put, if a product is not backed by the latest independent scientific research, we do NOT recommend it.
- Credibility – Sometimes it can be hard to know what person or company is behind a product so we pull back the curtain on precisely who sells the product and what their credentials are.
- Ease of Use – Some products may work but they also may be impossible to use, which makes them worthless, so we assess how easy and practical it is to use any product.
- Affordability – There are thousands of examples of over-priced products that under-deliver, so we assess how affordable a product is in relation to the benefits you get from using it.
- Customer Service – We buy every single product, test how easy it is to get a refund and test the responsiveness of customer service by email and phone.
- Scam Factor – The Internet is littered with scams from people who don’t give a damn about you or your health, so we root out anything that is a flat out scam.
- Identify any Gotchas – Companies are motivated by profit margins and this can lead to some gotchas in the fine print, so we point out anything that you should be aware of.
Our Testing Process for Each Natural Health Therapies
Similar to the extensive process we have for testing the natural health products that we review, we employ a similar methodology for the natural health therapies that appear on this website.
- Backed by Science – We only review natural health therapies that have been studied through independent multiple double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized studies (the “gold standard”). This helps to remove the bias that infects so much bogus research that is bandied about.
- Proven to be Effective – It’s not just enough to have multiple gold-standard studies about a particular natural health therapy; those studies must show that the therapy in question actually works better than the placebo. This is where many natural health therapies fall short.
- Safe to Use – While it’s one thing to be effective, it’s another thing to be safe. All natural health therapies that we review MUST have a demonstrated track record of being safe to use with minimal if any side effects. Most natural health therapies that are proven effective are also safe, but some have been shown not to be under certain circumstances that you must be aware of.
Incoming search terms:
- rigorous testing (118)
- what is rigorous testing (42)
- If you are like us you’ve grown sick and tired of hearing bogus over-inflated claims from companies hocking the latest so called “miracle” solutions or fly-by-night “medical experts” who claim this substance or that technique can work miracles overnight (2)
- put the process through vigorous testing (1)