A Delicious Breakfast that Trims Belly Fat
If you want to pack on belly fat, here’s a foolproof way to do it: Just eat any version of the typical American breakfast.
It almost doesn’t matter which version. You could load up on bacon and eggs—which wouldn’t add much belly fat, incidentally—but that comes with hash browns and toast and probably a glass of orange juice, a totally lethal combo if you’re trying to trim your waist.
Or you could do—heaven forbid—the utterly idiotic “low-fat” breakfast so popular in the 80’s: Orange juice, whole wheat toast, special K or Wheaties, skim milk and a banana.
That’ll just about guarantee a surge of the fat storage hormone insulin, and a crash of blood sugar a couple of hours later to boot. (Which, by the way, is exactly why you’ll be starving at 11 and ready to kill for a bagel.)
Both are really, really bad news. Unless you like the idea of getting fat.
Which you don’t.
So what’s a good alternative? Glad you asked.
The Best Breakfast for Fat Burning…
A breakfast has got to accomplish three things:
- It’s got to get you going in the morning.
- It’s got to rev up your metabolism and give you sustainable energy.
- It’s got to fuel you for at least four hours.
If you can create a breakfast that’s quick, easy and accomplishes those three goals, that would be great.
And you can.
One of my “go-to” breakfasts for eliminating belly fat is a high-protein shake. Protein revs up the metabolism and doesn’t have nearly the effect on insulin—that fat storage hormone we mentioned earlier—that carbs do.
I use a high-quality whey protein from grass-fed cows as that provides me one of the cleanest, most powerful sources of protein on the planet. But that’s only the beginning.
The thing about protein shakes is that they can fill in as mini-meals, snacks, or after-workout drinks, but they also can do double duty as a full-blown meal.
For breakfast, I’ll mix the protein powder with either water or raw milk (still legal where I live). Then I’ll choose from an array of options similar to the “toppings” section at my local frozen yogurt parlor.
Any of the following—alone or in combination- is terrific:
- A tablespoon of peanut butter: The fat blunts the impact of the shake on your blood sugar (and insulin levels) and the peanut butter is a delicious addition, especially when you use a chocolate flavored shake.
- A tablespoon of oatmeal: The oatmeal adds some more fiber and some valuable beta-glucans, compounds in oatmeal that help control blood sugar and have other beneficial effects. Only do this if you aren’t sensitive to grains.
- A cup of frozen berries: This completely changes the taste and texture of the protein powder, turning it into a kind of fruit smoothie WITHOUT the ridiculous amount of sugar and carbs that are usually found in such drinks. I particularly like blueberries which have a well-deserved reputation as a memory food. Blueberries are low in sugar and calories and loaded with antioxidants. Plus if you use them frozen, it makes your protein shake taste like a smoothie.
How to Super-Charge Your Breakfast Shake…
I’ve also been known to throw a raw egg or two into the mix Rocky-style, and since I have a Vita-Mix (which liquefies everything) I throw them in shell and all (the shell is a source of calcium).
Bodybuilders have been using raw eggs in their protein shakes since the days of Muscle Beach, as it’s one of nature’s most perfect foods and one of the highest rated protein sources on the planet.
And no, I’m not afraid of salmonella, and here’s why.
Salmonella wasn’t a problem in the US until the early 1980’s when huge mega factory-farms became the norm. Cramming 100,000 birds in small battery cages under one roof is a recipe for disaster when it comes to spreading disease.
According to Joe Mercola, DO, organic laying hen farms have a significantly lower level of Salmonella, just 4.4 percent in organic flocks and 6.5 percent in free-range flocks.
Compare this to a whopping 23% in mega-farms with caged hens!!!
Add These Two Secret Weapons and Voila, You’re Done…
After choosing one or more of my “extras” (see above), I make sure to add a heaping scoop of fiber.
Fiber not only maintains the health of the digestive tract, but it also reduces the risk of a number of diseases including heart disease and diabetes and even certain forms of cancer. It also keeps you—as my grandmother used to say—“regular.”
Just to top it off, I add one tablespoon of a flavored omega-3 fish oil. This is a delicious, non-fishy fish oil that tastes like a fruit compote, comes in amazing flavors like pina colada, mango-peach and lemon, and mixes perfectly with vanilla flavored whey protein.
It provides a nice dose of omega-3 fats which lower inflammation and benefit your health in a myriad of ways. And the fat will keep you fuller longer, adding to the time that this shake will keep you satisfied and away from the office snack machine.
And by the way—this shake takes less than two minutes to prepare.
Why this Shake is Perfect for Trimming Ugly Belly Fat…
The reason this shake is perfect for trimming belly fat is simple: it won’t cause your fat-storing hormone, insulin, to rise.
When your blood sugar goes up quickly and stays there, insulin rises in response, chasing that excess sugar around the bloodstream and shoving it into any cell that will take it, which is more often than not the fat cells.
This effectively turns off your fat-burning switch, which is glucagon, a hormone that has the exact opposite effect of insulin.
If you want to burn belly fat, you’ll want your fat-burning switch to be turned “on.” This can’t happen when insulin levels are high. So you want a breakfast that doesn’t send insulin levels skyrocketing. It’s that simple.
And Here’s the Recipe in Case You Were Wondering…
Here’s a sample recipe for my personal favorite “belly-fat eliminating” breakfast shake. Feel free to vary to taste.
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 cup raw milk or purified water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 raw egg (optional)
- 3 ice cubes (optional)
- 1 scoop fiber
- 1 tablespoon flavored fish oil
If you come up with some interesting variations, do let me know!
Meanwhile, be ready to be surprised at how good you feel, how much energy you have and how easy it is to start dropping waist sizes.
Incoming search terms:
- sherpa metabolic super protein (13)
- metabolic fuel plus protein powder (13)
- zero belly shake recipes (12)
- metabolic super protein chocolate dr sherpa (4)
- sherpa metabolic living protein powder (3)
- sherpa super protein (1)
- sherpa protein shake (1)
- sherpa protein plus powder (1)
- metabolic factor protien powder (1)
- metabolic living super protein powder (1)
Love or Hate this Article?
Either Way, Do This Right Now!